CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to School

Wow! What an awesome Back to School Night we had tonight at Parkway Elementary School. I was so happy to meet the students, parents, and families. I enjoyed watching the children's eager faces as they each picked out their new seat as a Second Grader. Thank you for coming tonight, and for sharing your child with me this year.

Over the course of the next few weeks there will be an overload of information coming home to you. I have created a BEE BOOK (Bring Everything Everyday) that your child will take home each evening and should return to school the following morning. Please check this folder each evening for important notes and papers. If items are in the front of the BEE BOOK then they may be left at home for your reference. However, if items are in the back of the BEE BOOK, they should be brought back to school signed in a timely fashion to ensure your child doesn't miss out on anything.

Beginning in September I will also be sending home a Parent Communication Log each Friday. Please take time to look at this over the weekend and sign it. Feel free to add comments as well. I will look at each one Monday morning. The log is a great way for us to communicate back and forth about your child's week. If you feel there is something that cannot wait that long, please call me during my planning time from 10:30-11:10 or send me an email. I will respond as promptly as I can. I understand that educating your child is a collaboration between home and school and I will do everything I can to ensure that the lines of communication are always open.

I would really like to have 100% support and participation in PTA this year in our classroom. If you haven't purchased a membership yet, see me for details on the benefits of obtaining a membership and sign up today! A membership is only $5.00 per family member.

Feel free to browse the blog, particularly the Parents Section, Classroom Management Plan, and Upcoming Events. And write comments if you wish as well.

As we dig deeper into curriculum later in the month I will add some resources for each individual content area. We will focus very heavily on establishing community and team-building in the beginning to create a learning community within the classroom that will be revisited and continue throughout the year.

Thank you for your support. I am excited to be your child's teacher.




No comments:

Post a Comment